When you think of fundraising, do you have a flashback to elementary school, going door-to-door with a wagon full of candy bars? There’s more than one way to raise money and it’s important find the method you’re comfortable with to stay motivated.
5 ways to ask for donations:
- Email family, friends and coworkers directly. Be sure to include information on how to support your ride in your email signature for a subtle, consistent ask. Include your personal connection to the hospital, or share one of many inspiring patient stories.
- Pick up the phone and call. It’s a lost art, but you may find that your aunt across the country was tickled pink that you called.
- Use the power of social media to reach your techie followers. Riding in the Courage Classic is something you should be proud to show off. Keep them updated on your progress, training and your experience at the tour. If you want to get fancy, you could share your experience via video or blog to inspire people to give.
- Ask face-to-face. Think of all of the people you interact with in a week: family, friends, neighbors coworkers, fellow gym goers, local businesses. They could all be potential donors.
- Ask your employer if they would like to match your donations. This is a great way to double, or even triple, your fundraising dollars.
Whether you follow these tips or find an unconventional way to support our patients, we encourage you to find the philanthropic path that suits you best. Happy fundraising!