Children's Colorado has been working for more than a century to create a healthy future for children in Colorado and around the world. The Courage is…Campaign seeks to transform the health and well-being of children by focusing on several priority areas.
Help us reach our Campaign goal of $400 million.
Campaign Goals include:
- Prevention and early intervention programs: Recognizing the critical role of prevention, Children’s Colorado will work to improve child health through programs that support families and create safe and healthy places for kids to live and thrive. This includes the First 1,000 Days initiative and the newly-established Prevention and Wellness Fund.
- Outstanding clinical programs: We will reinforce Children’s Colorado’s position as an international leader in children’s health care by investing in targeted service lines (click on the icons to the right for more information on specific areas). The Campaign will accelerate the positive momentum in clinical programs that are already proven to deliver some of the best outcomes in the country.
- Local and regional partnerships: We’re working to strengthen local and regional partnerships so that every child in a seven-state region can have access to our world-class pediatric experts.
- Virtual health programs: Increasing access to high-quality care is a critical part of Children’s Colorado’s mission. Investing in virtual health initiatives will be an essential part of broadening our impact and ensuring that every child in our region has convenient access to the resources and expertise of a top 5 children’s hospital.
- Reinforcing Children’s Colorado’s position as an international force in overcoming children’s health care challenges through world-class research. This includes expanding our capabilities in personalized medicine, enhancing data and analysis to support outcomes-based research, and supporting cross-disciplinary efforts to find life-saving new treatments and therapies.
- Fostering groundbreaking discoveries through the newly-formed Children’s Hospital Colorado Center for Innovation. By developing a culture of innovation and a streamlined process for pioneering new discoveries, our vision is to become a globally recognized leader in translating new ideas into solutions that solve specific children’s health issues. The Center for Innovation will allow Children’s Colorado to turn more of our clinical and research insights into new discoveries with far-reaching public benefits.
- Building a robust Research Institute. The Research Institute at Children’s Colorado fosters a culture of collaboration and creativity that can help to unlock treatments for numerous childhood illnesses. Spanning multiple academic departments, hospital divisions and service lines, the Institute strives to create a dynamic and responsive environment where new discoveries can flourish. From providing young investigators with seed funding to increasing resources for mid-career physician-scientists on the brink of new breakthroughs, the Research Institute provides the infrastructure to create a continual culture of courageous discovery.
So much of Children’s Colorado’s promise for the future revolves around our incredible team of pediatric experts. Everything we aspire to do – from finding transformational cures to providing the highest-quality care for children fighting life-threatening diseases – relies on keeping and growing our incredible cadre of medical and scientific talent.
The Courage is…Campaign will:
- Strengthen our ability to attract and keep the brightest minds in medicine and science through a Recruitment and Retention Fund – and ensure those experts have the tools and resources they need to address the most pressing children’s health challenges.
- Ensure sustained excellence through endowments. Endowed gifts supplement operating support, allowing innovative programs to grow and excel. They also provide a permanent source of revenue for researchers, eliminating the risk of funding gaps that halt promising discoveries. Endowed funds mean we can do what matters most for today’s children while setting the stage for healthy generations to come.
- Create a Data Analytics Resource Center to support clinical and operational excellence. Through enhanced infrastructure and technology, we can give our clinicians enhanced data and analytics to make even better-informed care decisions.
- Create a Center for Nursing Excellence to support the knowledge, professional development and leadership growth of our largest group of caregivers.
Here’s why expanding pediatric services is critical to Southern Colorado:
- Southern Colorado kids deserve the best care, close to home. Building a hospital that specializes in the unique and delicate needs of children allows the region access to one of the top 5 children’s hospitals in the country.
- By recruiting and retaining the brightest minds in medicine and science, Children’s Colorado will bring world class experts, who deliver miracles and inspire breakthroughs, to the region. Children’s Colorado will be staffed by a team of pediatric specialists, from nurses to respiratory therapists to anesthesiologists and physicians that specialize in pediatric services.
- A great city deserves a renowned children’s hospital. It’s time to stand up for the 225,000 children, and their families, in Southern Colorado who deserve unprecedented care.
As readily available support, gifts to the Children’s Fund allow the hospital to quickly improve the care we offer, as well as support the family members, who are critically important members of each patient’s care team. These gifts may be used to buy essential child-sized medical equipment, hire or train new staff, support research breakthroughs or cover the cost of care for patients unable to afford treatment. The Children’s Fund also covers vital services not reimbursed by traditional insurance plans, such as the Child Life/Therapeutic Recreation program, which offers patient education and resources for families faced with medical crises.
This critically important fund allows us to respond efficiently to any clinical need while also providing children and families with crucial support and resources. An infusion of philanthropic funding to the Children’s Fund will make an extraordinary impact at Children’s Colorado.
At the same time, future gifts are a wonderful way to provide peace of mind for your loved ones, often providing income to you or a special person you designate. There are many ways to give, including:
- Charitable bequests: Naming Children’s Colorado in your will
- IRA, 401(k) or life insurance policy gifts: Simply adding Children’s Colorado as a beneficiary
- Charitable annuity: Receiving income for life while benefiting Children’s Colorado
- Charitable trust: Multiple options can benefit you, your heirs and the hospital
Anyone who makes a legacy gift as part of the Courage is… Campaign will be recognized in the Tammen Society and receive member benefits, including invitations to exclusive Tammen Society events. For more information, contact Sharon McMeel at 720-777-1777.