Serving the Greatest Needs of Patients and Families
When you make an unrestricted gift to Children’s Hospital Colorado, your donation goes to our Children’s Fund, which helps the hospital address the greatest needs of our patients and families and directs funds toward where they can do the most good. The Children’s Fund is vital to the sustainability of Children’s Colorado. By giving to the Children’s Fund, you make an immediate and lasting difference in every aspect of care that our patients receive.
Prioritizing Resources for the Greatest Impact
In today’s ever-changing health care landscape, Children’s Colorado must remain nimble to provide expert care to more than 230,000 kids every year. As federal funding for research declines, health care costs rise, and conditions like pediatric mental health issues reach epidemic proportions, the Children’s Fund ensures that our hospital’s leaders can respond effectively to developing child health challenges and situations.
Thanks to donors who give unrestricted gifts, we can direct resources to where they will have the greatest impact, not just today, but for years to come.
World-Class Care, Fueled by Giving
As a nonprofit, Children’s Colorado is supported by the community. Our work is fueled by giving to the Children’s Fund, with over more than 19,000 donors making more than 79,000 unrestricted gifts each year.
Our Children’s Fund is supported by monthly donors, money raised through the Mighty Millions Raffle, local Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals promotions and annual fundraising events such as the Courage Classic and Children’s Gala.
When you donate to the Children’s Fund, you support:
Family-centered services, including:
- Helping kids continue their education while recovering from traumatic injuries through our hospital school services, the Medical Day Treatment Program
- Easing children’s fears by providing teaching dolls and therapists, called Child Life specialists, to explain how their procedures will work
- Improving kids’ inpatient experiences with art, music, dance and movement, and yoga therapy sessions, through the Ponzio Creative Art Therapy Program
- Reducing families’ suffering by providing a grief counselor for children’s terminal or life-ending diagnoses
- Giving patients a break from their hospital rooms or distracting them in their rooms with singing and dancing on Children’s Colorado’s multimedia studio and radio station, Seacrest Studios
- Providing free, onsite child care for patients’ younger siblings so parents can give their full attention to doctors during critical appointments
- Translating medical information and instructions into families’ native languages, helping them to understand their kids’ diagnoses and treatments
Groundbreaking research, including:
- Aiding doctors who are conducting cutting-edge research on untreatable brain tumors
- Advancing physicians’ innovative approaches to imaging children’s hearts
- Allowing physician-scientists to hire research assistants to accelerate their laboratory’s search for pediatric cancer cures
- Providing seed funding for young investigators to generate the data needed to secure larger government research grants
- Investigating how virtual reality can be empirically shown to reduce pain in kids
Regional clinics and care, including:
- Helping patients be treated closer to home so they feel more comfortable and secure
- Decreasing the stress on families, by reducing parents’ travel and time away from work to visit caregivers who manage a child’s chronic condition
- Making it easier for friends and family to visit patients while they heal at one of our regional locations, distracting them from their injury or illness
Patients and families in financial need, including:
- Assisting families who travel hundreds of miles for their child’s care with lodging and meals
- Subsidizing care for patients and parents in need, because all kids and families deserve access to health care
- Enabling the hospital to purchase life-saving vaccinations for families who cannot afford them
Your Gifts to the Children’s Fund Make It Possible
You can help support Children’s Colorado patients and their families by making an unrestricted gift today.